Sunnynook School provides a physical education and sporting programme for all students. The PE programme is spread over the school year with options such as:
- Term One: Swimming / Small Ball skills
- Term Two: Gymnastics / Large Ball
- Term Three: Dance / Running (X country)
- Term Four: Athletics / Ball skills
The school has a soccer field, rugby field, netball courts and indoor heated swimming pool.
The school also provides information for parents via the school web site on after school or weekend sports options.
All classes will be taking part in Zumba for Term 1.
Shona Fritsch is our school sport co-ordinator. Her role is to support the organisation of sport for our students. She can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Monday||9.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.|
The school would like to acknowledge the help given by parents with our sports teams. Registration forms and team details will be sent home with students. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
Sunnynook Primary School Teams
Sunnynook Primary School Sporting Events
Team Newsletters and Application forms can be found in our SPS Sport Newsletter folder
Parent Code of Conduct
Sunnynook Primary School Parent Code of Conduct
Parents should read this form prior to their child participating in any School competition.
Any parent who breaches the code of conduct at any game or practice will be asked to leave. Repeated violations may result in the forfeiture of the privilege of remaining at practice or attending games.
- I understand it is my responsibility to make sure my child arrives at practice on time and is picked up on time from all practices and games.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will respect the policies and decisions made by the coach or school and will take time to speak with the coach or school at an agreed upon time and place to discuss any issues.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will emphasise skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices.
- I will accept decisions of the game officials on the field as being fair and called to the best ability of said official.
- I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials.
- I will demand that my child treats other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
After reading, if you support the Sunnynook School Code of Conduct you need to take no further action. However, if there is a part of the conduct you feel you cannot support please put in writing to the PE coordinators, or make an appointment to see them.
Thank you for your continued support.