One place for all School Communications
Hero is a powerful and secure online sharing platform designed to reduce the number of places that parents need to check for information about school.
We use it at Sunnynook Primary School:
- as our student management system (SMS)
- to share children’s progress and next steps with whānau (for reporting)
- as our primary means of communication with our school community
You can log in to your Hero account (even if you have students at multiple schools) and see all your children’s progress data; read school notices; record absences and pay your school account online. This is also the place to go if you need to print off reports from previous years.
We strongly recommend that all Sunnynook Primary School whānau set up a login because, while updates are emailed out to you from Hero, there is much more to see when you log on.
How to sign in to your Hero Account
1. Search for ‘Hero’ in your app store and download, or visit https://go.linc-ed.com
2. Select “New User”
Your account will have been set up by school using the email address that you provided when you enrolled your child(ren), use this address to request a password. Please note: each contact must have their own email address.
3. Enter your email address
Select the “Request Password Link”
4. Check your email!
If one doesn’t arrive, check that school has your correct details on file. You need to be using the same email address that we currently have on our school records.
5. Follow the secure link and enter your password.
How to report an absence in Hero
If your child is going to be away for the day due to sickness, an appointment or any other reason, please notify the school as soon as possible by using the Hero app.
There is a ‘Report an Absence’ icon right on the homepage of the app
1. Click on the ‘Report an Absence’ icon
2. Select the reason for absence (add in any message if you need to)
3. Click ‘Send Message’ and you’re done!
Working together with Kindo and ezlunch, our School offers you a simple and quick way to view and pay for items, order lunches and complete forms.
This is our preferred method of payment and we encourage you to set-up your myKindo account today.
Click the buttons below for:
Payment options: Visit support.mykindo.co.nz for more information on payment options.
Online Tutorial: Click here for a short tutorial on how to use Kindo.
myKindo app: Search “myKindo” app on Google Play or the App store to download.
Our Kindo helpdesk is open 8am to 4pm weekdays.
Freephone: 0508 4 KINDO (0508 454 636)
Online support: support.mykindo.co.nz
Here at Sunnynook Primary School we offer Ezlunch, giving you more choices when providing lunch for your child:
- All menu items are tried and tested by the toughest judges of all – kids!
- Easy to order – just set up your account with your child’s name and room number, and have their meals delivered to their classroom.
- Parents told us that they prefer not to rely on sending cash in envelopes with their children – with Ezlunch even small amounts can be paid quickly and securely online.
- View the menu and set up your account here or go to www.ezlunch.co.nz. Orders and cancellations should be completed online before 9am on the day of delivery.
Questions? If you need help, just pop in and see us or talk to the ezlunch helpdesk on 09-475 5287 or 0800 EZLUNCH. Email email@example.com